Position Title: Development Assistant
Hours: Part-time, 30 hours per week. Benefits eligible.
Reports To: Director of Donor Engagement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission of United Way of Hampshire County is to engage and inspire the people, employers, and organizations of Hampshire County to give, advocate, and volunteer on behalf of our community. Our vision is that all individuals and families have the tools and resources to reach their full potential through education, economic security, and wellness. Lifting together, we build strong, vibrant, and inclusive communities.
The Development Assistant is an important member of the Resource Development team at United Way of Hampshire County, responsible for management of the donor database and supporting workplace campaign, donor relations and community investment efforts.
Resource Development/Data Management:
- Serve as the lead for the UWHC donor database (Donation Tracker), including updates, data entry systems, gift and pledge processing, reporting and acknowledgments
- Identify and implement systems to ensure the integrity of the database
- Ensure data accuracy
- Prepare daily deposit for all checks, cash, and credit card gifts with appropriate reports. Process checks through remote deposit system.
- Work closely with Finance department to reconcile gift records
- Produce reports pertaining to gifts and donors as directed
- Primary liaison with database customer support. Work with customer support to design new reports as needed.
- Prepare donor appeals and other mailings
- Manage Development department files
- Document and maintain protocols and practices associated with this position
- Provide staffing support for UWHC events and campaign activities
- Collect mail from post office daily
- Other duties as assigned.
- Greet guests, answer phones as needed
- Provide support as needed to other members of the Senior Leadership team, the Board, and volunteers
- The successful candidate will be committed to the mission of United Way of Hampshire County
- Previous administrative experience, preferably in non-profit setting
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or three years related experience
- Significant proficiency with databases, mail merges and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with best practices in non-profit fundraising
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Experience handling confidential information appropriately
- Ability to closely follow systems and protocols, while juggling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Eagerness to take initiative, solve-problems and contribute positively to the work of the team
- Comfort and ease with technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of humor, passion and commitment to the community
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team dedicated to improving lives in Hampshire County, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
United Way of Hampshire County
71 King Street, PO Box 123
Northampton, MA 01061