Your privacy is of utmost importance to us.
United Way of Hampshire County is committed to protecting your privacy. Because your privacy is important to us, we provide you this notice explaining our information practices, what information we collect and how it is used:
This site is owned and operated by Hampshire Community United Way d/b/a United Way of Hampshire County (UWHC). Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At UWHC, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION UWHC GATHERS AND TRACKS
UWHC gathers three types of information about users:
- Applicant information needed to create your account (if applicable).
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to forward to a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys.
- Information UWHC gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs.
Under no circumstances does UWHC divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
UWHC gathers user information in the following processes:
- Account Creation (where applicable)
During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address. Accounts are not required to view the site, but they are required to post in the forum.
- Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- “Forward to a friend” policy: Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking “e-mail this to a friend”. The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
- Polling: We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. UWHC may use a system to “tag” users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question.
- Surveys: UWHC may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our partners.
- Usage tracking
UWHC tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. UWHC breaks down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser). UWHC tracks and catalogs the search terms, which users enter in our Search function. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
UWHC uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, and forums.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users.
UWHC creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for partners. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
UWHC uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
UWHC operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our constituents.
A SSL certificate protects our donation form. All your information will be encrypted before being submitted.
If you have any questions about this Web site’s privacy policies or practices or your interaction with this Web site, please contact us by:
1. Sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com
2. Calling us at (413)584-3962
3. Faxing your comments to us at (413) 584-5114
4. Writing to us at: P.O. Box 123 • 71 King Street, Northampton, MA 01061